Board Certified in Otolaryngology – Head & Neck Surgery
Board Certified in Facial Plastic & Reconstructive Surgery
2003-2004 Fellowship in Facial Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery at the University of Michigan
1999-2003 Residency: Otolaryngology-Head and Neck Surgery at the University of Rochester Medical Center, Rochester, NY
1998-1999 Internship: General Surgery, University of Rochester Medical Center, Rochester, NY
1994-1998 Doctor of Medicine, The University of Tennessee School of Medicine, Memphis, TN
1990-1994 Bachelor of Science in Biochemistry, The University of Tennessee, Knoxville, TN (Summa Cum Laude)
Honors and Achievements:
- Member of the National Education Faculty (NEF) for Allergan, Inc. (Allergan, Inc. is the maker of Botox, Juverm, and Latisse)
- Allergan, Inc. Platinum level Injector (An expert in aesthetic injectables)
- JET Trial by Allergan, Inc. (Juvederm Injectable)
- Owner/Medical Director of Facial Rejuvenation Centre & Surgery Suite
- American Board of Facial Plastic & Reconstructive Surgery
- National Board of Examiner – writes questions for the written board exam
- American Academy of Facial Plastic & Reconstructive Surgery Commitees
- Emerging Trends
- Women in Facial Plastic Surgery
- Multimedia Committee
- Advance Trauma Life Support Instructor, 1999
- Travel Grant to Cherry Blossom Conference, 2001
- Paul C. Harrington award for excellence in clinical research, 2002 and 2003
- Alpha Omega Alpha Honor Medical Society
- Physicians’ Medical Education & Research Foundation Scholarship Award – Merit Based, 1994-1998
- James L. Minor Scholarship Award – Merit-based, 1996 – 1998
- Class Rank – 8 out of 162
- Phi Beta Kappa Honor Society
- Alpha Epsilon Delta Medical Honor Society – secretary
- The University of Tennessee National Alumni Association Valedictorian Scholarship Award
- Gamma Beta Phi Society
- The University of Tennessee Dean’s List – 10 semesters
American Academy of Facial Plastic & Reconstructive Surgery-Fellow
American Academy of Cosmetic Surgery – Fellow
American Academy of Otolaryngology – Head & Neck Surgery
American Medical Association
American College of Surgeons
Florida Medical Society
Florida Society of Facial Plastic & Reconstructive Surgery
Florida Society of Otolaryngology / Head & Neck Surgery
Skin Cancer Foundation
Association of Women Surgeons
Submitted Journal Publications and Conference Presentations:
Spencer JR, Leake DS, Doerr TD. “Management and Clinical Outcomes in the Treatment of Acute Nasal Fractures”, Archives of Facial Plastic Surgery, Awaiting publication
Ellenberger JL, Leake DS. Skin Tightening. Plastic Surgery Products. March, 2006.
Leake DS, Gunnlaugsson C, Urban J, and Marentette L. “Reconstruction After Resection of Sphenoid Wing Meningiomas”, Archives of Facial Plastic Surgery, Vol 7(2), 99-103, March/April 2005.
Leake DS, Quatela VC, Sabini P. “Surgical Management of Concavities of the Distal Nose”, presented at COSM, Palm Springs, CA. May, 2001. Facial Plastic Clinics of North America, Vol 12:1, 133-156, Feb. 2004.
Leake DS, Quatela VC, Villano ME. “The Effects of Endoscopic Brow/Midface Lift on Lower Lid Tension”, Presented at the 8th International Symposium of Facial Plastic Surgery, 2002. Submitted for publication to Archives of Facial Plastic Surgery.
Leake DS, Doerr T. “Expression of uPAR in Keloids”, Poster at the American Academy of Otolaryngology fall meeting, 2002. Archives of Otolarygology – Head and Neck Surgery, Vol.129, 1334, Dec. 2003.
Leake DS, Robbins KT. “Correlation of angiographic tumor vascularity with treatment outcome in advanced head and neck cancer”, poster presentation at the Head and Neck Conference at COSM, Palm Springs, CA. May, 1999.
Leake, D and Baker, S. Local Flaps in Facial Reconstruction, 2nd edition. Chapter 27: Scar Revision and Local Flap Refinement. Mosby, Shan Baker 2nd edition.